IRISS is a third sector organisation whose mission is to:
“Promote positive outcomes for the people who use Scotland’s social services by enhancing the capacity and capability of the social services workforce to access and make use of knowledge and research for service innovation and improvement.”
The work of IRISS is organised into three inter-related programmes which contribute to its vision of a high quality, continually improving social services sector.
- Evidence-informed practice
- Innovation and improvement
- Knowledge media.
Its strategic outcomes are to:
- embed a culture of collaboration, open to new ideas
- ensure everyone has the knowledge, tools and skills to effectively use evidence and to innovate
- place people at the centre of the design of services and support.
PPHW is working in partnership with the IRISS to introduce health and care teams to co-design.